In the demo you only play as the female character, will we get a choice or do we play both the whole game?
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
This is the DEMO only (until release), you can pre-order the game on our homepage.
Supernovas blaze in the night sky, but the gaming world is abuzz over a new virtual reality console. Jacob Lessard, developer of the Penta device, promises a neural experience more "real" than reality itself. But what does it truly mean for something to be real?
When Lilya arrives at InterMense to beta test the Penta, she expects to spend the weekend battling her social anxiety in exchange for the opportunity to enter the Vitalia simulation. But when Ben, another tester, refuses to leave the world of Vitalia, endangering his life, Lilya sees that she has become involved in something much more eye-opening than she realized. As Lilya, Ben, and Jacob's fates intertwine, they must make some of the hardest decisions of their lives, and confront their own perceptions of the nature of existence.
In this interactive novel, your choices will shape Lilya and Jacob's beliefs about what is real, or if reality even exists.
- A Thought-Provoking Narrative - with several mind-bending twists and two perspective characters, the story is both philosophically ambitious and deeply personal.
- Choices That Matter - a heavily branching story line makes the game re-playable. Your decisions have major consequences - ranging from shifting a character's attitude, to placing them on a different story branch, to re-directing the outcome of the entire game.
- Expressive Character Art and Visuals - 14 characters (each with various poses and expressions), 12+ background scenes, 17+ CGs/special illustrations, 15+ ending panels.
- Character and Relationship-Building - rich character development, affected by your choices, and with opportunities for both romantic and non-romantic relationship-building. Romance is optional, and may be pursued from either Lilya or Jacob's perspective.
- Original Music and Sound Design - by the talented composer Chase Bethea.
Unzip and then run:
- Windows: reality.exe
- Mac: reality (app)
- Linux: reality.sh